Hi, I’m Pat.
At various times I have served as pilot in command of helicopters, managed a $1.5B supply chain, and managed maintenance/logistics from a 40-person team to a 1,500-employee aviation depot. Over the past two decades I developed a passion for workflow management that has become how I now view the world.
Oh, I’ve also been married to the same wonderful woman since 2001 and together we have four kids…one of which is in college! We also have a dog and a cat that are currently in a love-hate relationship.
Because I’m a nerd, I sum myself up with the below graphic.
- Reading: I lean towards “pragmatic nonfiction” but try to round myself out with the Bible and philosophy. The fiction I do read is with my daughter.
- Triathlon: The 70.3 distance is my preference, and my first 140.6 is scheduled for 2022.
- Fountain pens: It all started with writing weekly thank you notes in 2015. Then I upgraded my paper. Then I upgraded my pen. Then I got into inks. Now I’m teaching myself 100-year-old handwriting.
My reasons for starting the blog are still evolving, but as of today I believe they are in no order:
- Process my first four decades of self-centeredness
- Possibly help someone else who is struggling
- Coalesce my view of the world
- Express my love for Deb